Depository Agents Holding CCT Units On Behalf Of Beneficial Owners Who Are Individuals, Or Foreign Non-Individuals or Exempt Non-corporate Unitholders
A) Which Distributions Are Eligible For Refund?
The tax refund relates to distribution periods commencing on or after 1 January 2004. In the case of beneficial owners who are Foreign Non-Individuals, the tax refund applies to distributions paid or to be paid within the period from 18 February 2005 to 31 March 2020. The distributions are subject to the time limit explained on the Tax Refund page.
B) How To Make A Claim?
C) Is Identification (ID) Number Required On The Declaration Form?
- Yes, ID numbers such as Singapore NRIC number, passport number or foreign ID numbers are required for Individuals who hold their Units through Depository Agents.
D) When Do We Submit Form R2?
- You may submit the Form and accompanying SITCs to Boardroom Corporate & Advisory Services Pte Ltd at any time.
- The Trustee of CCT will collate the claims for refund submitted by the Depository Agents and make a claim for refund to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore ("IRAS") on a half-yearly basis. This means that all Forms received during the period ending 30 June will be submitted to the IRAS in July of the same year while those received during the period ending 31 December will be submitted to the IRAS in January of the following year.
E) Will An Amended Tax Certificate Be Issued For The Refund?
- CapitaLand Commercial Trust Management Limited will issue a letter together with the cheque for the refund amount to the Depository Agents. This letter will serve as evidence that the tax refunds have been made.
F) When Will We Receive The Tax Refund On The Behalf Of The Beneficial Owners?
« Back to Tax Refund
- The tax refund will be paid to Depository Agents upon receipt of the tax refund from IRAS by the Trustee of CCT. You can then proceed to make refunds to your respective beneficial owners.